Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday

Just a few lines this AM. Looks like a nice day out there and I have quite a bit to do.

2 and I did brats at my place last night. Nice.

The 24 won in Phoenix last night, but I fell asleep and did not see the end of the race. The new design of the cars (they call it The Car of Tomorrow) is more bulky and the teams have not figured out the perfect set-ups yet. But the 24 and teammates 48 and 5 have all run at the front in the races that have used the car, so it is no surprise that he won.

And the Discovery boys continue in the lead in Georgia. But the big guns on the other teams are in Europe, so it will be interesting in the next few weeks to see who will reach prime form for the big races in Italy and France.

I got out for 75 minutes yesterday and will try to do the same today. Doesn't say much for a biker if he feels it after 15 miles on a bike path. It will be a long road back.

Less than 90 days till the gathering of the clan in Minnesota. 1 seems to have a good handle on preparations. No major problems at this point.

I've had Margret out the last couple of days. My neighbor tells me that I have a work car (the Taurus), a good car (the Buick), and a toy car (Margret). I guess he's technically correct.

That same neighbor was putting out ant-traps along the foundation of his house to combat an invasion of the creatures into his house. Knock on wood, but I haven't seen them in my place. I do get some small spiders in my basement, but nothing very serious. At the old house on the farm, we used to get flies in the summer, and an occasional mouse in the winter. I think the flies were a combination of the close proximity of livestock and kids who never shut the screen door.

I had my old bike in for a Spring tune-up last week, and I swapped it back yesterday for my newer bike to have the same service performed on it. The seat on the old bike is a little off positioning-wise, and if I had my hex-tool I would be able to adjust it myself. Anything to add here 3?

Less than three weeks now until 3's college graduation. On the comparative numbers game, she's age 22 and I'm 58. When I graduated from ND in '71, I was 22 and Grandpa was 61. In that period of time between mid-May graduation and reporting for USAF duty in July, I stayed on the farm, visited the girl friend in New Orleans for a week or so, and generally "hung out" in Ottumwa. I think that that is the only time I have ever been to NO. It was fun, but I remember it as being very warm and humid.

I reported for duty at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, Texas in July and spent 12 weeks going to Transportation Officer school. I needed that to run the Motor Pool? I could have just watched a few episodes of Sgt. Bilko and I probably would have been ok.

So hope everybody has a great day.

Be careful out there.

No comments: