Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday

There is snow in the forecast for this evening. I brought the Taurus to wok today and there was frost on the windshield as I pulled out of the driveway. A little odd for April.

I worry at this time of the year about an oversight or mistake on my part that will have a large negative impact on one of my tax clients. That's always been the case, but in these last couple of years I've had an increased fear of screwing up. Is that a sign of age? Actually, I've had a couple of very difficult IRS audits on large-income clients within the last year or so. Talk about sobering experiences.

One of the positives of the information age is the ease with which we can obtain income tax data from clients and investment companies. I had two instances today where clients sitting in my office were able to log into their investment accounts and print out tax advice statements during our meeting. Compare that to the past where I would have to call a broker whom I may not know and beg for a copy of the form that I needed. While this access has disclosure and security issues, it sure is nice in the days around April 15th.

Uncle Phil indicates that the block of reservations at the hotel in MSP for the wedding may be being used and that we should get our names in. He's actually getting in on Tuesday before the wedding and ran into availability issues at the normal reservation desk for the extra days.

How 'bout Cleveland hosting their opening series in Milwaukee? Lots of debate these days on the weather problems of Northern cities when stadiums in the South and West are empty. Scheduling problems.

The new Discovery stud, Alberto Contador, is in a stage race in Spain this week. They sent the "B" or "C" team with him so we'll see how he does on his own.

Have a great evening.

Be careful out there.

No comments: