Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday

Busy day here. I can alert the viewers that there will not be much to read here this week. I have a bunch of returns to get out over the next four days.

I thought the Easter weekend was a success. I was only available for the evenings, but those certainly went well. Three nights and two full days may be the "Vegas weekend" plan that works best for us. At least when there are no vacation location activities (read: Lake Tahoe) to break the total-access togetherness that can strain everyone's sense of space.

2's half marathon is in StL this weekend. She did nine yesterday. So she should be fine. I may not be able to get there as the timing for me is not good.

Is there a bigger fool out there right now than Don Imus? Makes you wonder if these somewhat public figures in the fringe media have any contact with reality. He should be canned. I suspect that he will find few friends rushing to his public defense.

Interesting how CBS follows the NCAA tournament with an equally self-gratification presentation of The Masters golf tournament. Jim Nance is generally ok, except I think that his efforts to deliver a spontaneous and home-spun play-by-play of these events actually sounds coached or rehearsed to me. You can't tell me that his relating of the Jack Fleck stories with the Iowa connection when Zach Johnson came into contention were not fed to him by some producer back in the truck. Or he pulled up Google on his computer.

I'm outta here. A special thanks to 1, 2, 3, and 4 for making my Easter weekend so special.

Be careful out there.

No comments: