Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Tuesday

Just a few lines before hitting the sack.  Busy night even though I didn't actually get that much done.  Does laundry count?

Still trying to figure out the legitimacy of a speeding citation that Turino, Italy sent me this week for a violation there over two years ago!.  They want like 200 euros!  For a 10k over-the-limit violation!  And I know that I have previously paid a fine through my Hertz rental that came through my credit card a month or two after we got back.  I'm guessing that Turin has out-sourced this work to a contractor like the local towns around here have done with the speeding cameras.  There's got to be a pretty good return rate on these solicitations.  But after two years?

Anyone else notice that on the ESPN website, if you click a story, when it comes up, there's always a video that pops up as well.  And even if you turn the auto-audio to "Off", the next story that you click will have another annoying video, with sound, come up with the article.

And on any of the sites, that big, Home Page ad will have the X-Out box in a different location almost every day.  They don't want you to develop a habit of easily getting away from the ads.  Everything is work!

I stopped by the library today to get some instruction on the uploading of books to my Kindle.  I thought that there was going to be some ability to use a USB cord connection to handle this service, but with my model, its all wireless, but you still have to go through your own Amazon account.  There's a two-page instruction sheet that I still have to go through.  I may just do a couple Amazon downloads tomorrow at the office before I take off for C-town.

While at the library, I took advantage of the opportunity and cast my vote for the election next week.  I mean, I was right there, no line, and I was in and out in five minutes, tops.  No controversy to speak of in this election here this year.  And to think we are looking at a full year of the garbage surely headed our way in major races in 2012.  Ugh.  I think I'll go Occupy someplace.

My packing goal for Tahoe is to limit myself to the duffel bag that I used last weekend for NYC.  There's an extra night to address, but I think that I can cheat by hanging my Thursday shirt and slacks in the car and thereby not have to inventory that day's attire in my luggage.  2 has taught me well the Power of Minimalist Packing!

Had Margret out this afternoon, it was so nice out.  Her days for remaining use in 2011 are numbered.

When I dated a signature on a form today, it caught my eye: 11-1-11.  In ten days, Veteran's Day, the superstitious among us will have a field day.

Good luck to the Peanut Gallery on Wednesday.  See you on the road.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to Thursday Forecast is cool and maybe snow...

Tahos Phil