Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday - Veteran's Day Edition

I'm never quite sure what the Blogger rules are sometimes when it comes to putting pic's up for an entry.  It seems to default to a text protocol that has text begin in the middle of the page, and then expand to the margins.  Very odd.

Anyway, I met my pal Bill at the Arsenal for the Veteran's Day ceremony on Arsenal Island.  Smaller than normal crowd this year, I think.  The speaker's included both the Iowa and Illinois Congressmen from either side of the river, and the general in charge of the Island.  The best presentation was by the lady who sang the National Anthem a cappella.

I'm giving props to 4 as Daughter of The Day for her efforts to get to 0900 spin class this AM after her graveyard shift at the station.  The pic is one that appeared here in August to celebrate our climb up the Col de Aspin in southern France.  I think this was the day that she wiped out going down the mountain (as we had parked at the top with the idea of coasting down and then cycling back to the top).  But she sucked it up and made the climb with ease.  Good thing I had that cortisone cream to medicate her roadrash!

A flag on Maplecrest to celebrate the day.  If I could load a youtube of Lee Greenwood's God Bless The USA, I would.

RevKev is #3.

BCOT


No comments: