Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday

That was a quick weekend! 

Great start on Friday night with a big group for wine at Biaggi's.  2 and 4 stopped by...2 on her way to a foo-foo Festival of Trees event, and 4 on her way to bed (after 24+ hours without any sleep).  And then we closed out the weekend last night with BBQ and modified fff on Maplecrest.

You can really tell that the holiday shopping season has begun by the amount of traffic on Kimberly Road and Elmore Street this time of year.  On a Friday afternoon, the back-ups are impressive.  Left turns out of parking lots on to these roads (with no traffic light help) become pretty much impossible.  I'm thinking that the European system of roundabouts makes our lighted intersection format a failed experiment.  Then again, I remember that the big downtown traffic circles with multiple converging thoroughfares often had lights as well.

Not sure how many weekends that the Clone's, Hawk's and Irish have all won on the gridiron this year.  Huge win in Ames on Friday night, and then important wins on Saturday for the other two, so we can all celebrate a little.  Not that the state of the world was all that much affected by those results.

The early forecast for Turkey Day has a high of 55.  And 57 for Friday.

So I mowed my front yard on Saturday to gather the leaves.  Obviously, on Sunday, you couldn't tell that I had made the effort.  And they aren't even my leaves!  It's a common problem.

I remain unimpressed with the clothing selections of runners and walkers on my normal training routes most evenings.  Almost everyone wears dark stuff with little or no reflective material.  My day-glo orange shell with reflective striping and blinking pin-light is the only bright color that I usually see out there.

My latest term that I've come up with to describe my habits and preferences is "spaceage" (which looks curiously like a NASA word when I spell it out.  Hmmm.)  I use it to describe the personal space I like around my person.  Which is often more than I'm given in a public setting.  Like at Sunday coffee at Dunn's where a group of 8-10 folks regularly come in after I've set up shop, and proceed to take up way too much of my spaceage.

Hope everyone gets through these next three days to celebrate the rest of the week.

BCOT

No comments: