Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday

This is the best we have for 1.01's dress-up outfit for Halloween.  Sitting on her rock in her back yard.  She still gets the nod as Granddaughter of the Day.

I took the night off from TT training.  The kids in Bettendorf had official Trick or Treating hours between 5 and 7 this evening, which is prime training time for me.  So I punted. 

Tonight is also the play-off game between Bettendorf and PV (at Bettendorf's stadium), the two local high schools that are within shouting distance of one another.  Bettendorf should win.  It wasn't much of a game when they met in the regular season.  UPDATE:  The fourth quarter report from my pal Pete is 28-0 Bettendorf.  Not shocking, but Ouch!!

The big news in Cardinal Nation today is Tony LaRussa's announced retirement.  Not so much of a surprise to me.  I mean, the guy is 67 and has won the World Series three times.  Why not smell the roses?  (I do think that he should let up on the Grecian Formula.  Nobody has hair that dark!) 

Letting go of Pujols is a different matter for StL.  They're in the same position as the Twinkie's were with God.  And that hasn't worked out so well for Minny.  Whadda ya do?

We had a server down at the office this AM.  It actually went down over the weekend, so we knew going in today that the IT folks needed to get cracking right away.  We were back on-line by 1030 hours.  Not sure of the cause.  But when our computers are down, billing stops.  Not a good thing.

Didn't even know that there had been a Kardashion wedding.  Is there more than one girl in that crew?  Is that the family that Bruce Jenner married into?  And how much work has he had done on his face?

It has been well-documented here how my year has gone by in a flash.  Well, starting tomorrow, November will be more of the same.  Tahoe this weekend.  Thanksgiving.  I'm thinking the Iowa game on the 13th.  A couple of CPE days.  A couple of Geneva events.  In a whisper, it will be December.

All Saint's Day tomorrow.  I wonder if its as big of a day in Lourdes as 4 and I determined that August 15th had been?  Boy that day in Lourdes seems like a long time ago.  But I remember it well.  (Blogger is not letting me move this pic further up the page without going all the way to the top.   And its really a good pic.  Click on it to make it bigger for viewing.Grrr!


All for tonight.  Make Tuesday a good one.

BCOT

No comments: