Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday...UDATE with 1.01 Pics

Here's a few lines for the day before Turkey Day. 

I would be remiss if I didn't wish everyone Happy Tax Thanksgiving!

Here's notice to 3 and Herky who will be celebrating in NYC.  This was a pic from that weekend that I spent with them last month.  This photo makes them Fiance's of the Day.  Enjoy Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

The Trot Challenge is fully subscribed.  Thanks to all those in the Peanut Gallery who elected to participate.  I'm thinking that I can make 62 minutes, but 59:59 may be a road-too-far.  But with a favorable weather forecast, you never know.

The new spin bikes at Gold's have had the curious result of the instructors going to a quantitative approach to leadership in contrast to a more qualitative methodology with the old equipment.  The new bikes each have an electronic read-out device that reflects cadence, mileage and heart-rate among other things.  So the instructors have adopted instructions such as, "Okay.  Get that cadence up to 70-90."  And, "Up the cadence by 5."

Rather than  painting a picture like, "Okay.  You're coming up on three bikers and they don't want you to pass. You need to pull, pull, pull!"  Or, "Just a few more stokes before getting to the top, and then charge down the hill.  Go. Go. Go."

I noticed this change with the first class I had with the new bikes on Friday with my favorite instructor, Kandi.  I've always enjoyed her classes as I have felt like she actually went at it as a coaching assignment, giving thought and energy to her words of encouragement.  When she reverted to cadence counting, I thought that it kept some of her best talents on the sidelines.  And the gal who led last night's class did much the same thing.

Preliminary conclusion:  the bikes are night and day better than the old ones.  (And after two classes, I still haven't figured out the best settings for the adjustable seat/handlebar combinations.)  The instructor's have some learning too. I'll be disappointed if the quantitative method becomes standard.

I don't watch DWTS.  Not even when EA was on the show.  Never heard of this this guy who won last night.  But I would try to learn to dance too if Karina Whatshername was my partner.  Sorry.

Is Urban Meyer going to OSU the worst kept secret in sports?

Off to get ready for company.  Look here to the right on the Twitter feed for a TT report by 1030hrs tomorrow.

Who is this little star?

BCOT

No comments: