Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday

The last couple of days have disappeared quickly.  That tends to happen when you get placed under some stress, and I had another IRS auditor in town looking at a complicated return.  The complications were really not from the activity reported on the return by the entity, but rather the organizational structure of the group of companies that the one shareholder/taxpayer owned.  I can't even write a simple sentence to describe it.  After a day of preparation and a day of the agent on-site, I'm thinking wine.

And I had to deal with another computer issue that kept me off my desktop most of Monday.  My web-based financial planning software provider did a maintenance upgrade over the weekend, and when I went to sign on on Monday, I got the diagnostic that my local anti-virus software was out of date, so I couldn't access the programs and data.  We tried to upload the current version and couldn't, which meant a call to the IT vendor.  And they dwadled around all afternoon with it.  Okay now, but extremely inconvenient when I was trying to get ready for the audit.  Grrrr.

While Monday was the anniversary of 4000 Days, I was advised this afternoon that today is the 21st anniversary of our firm moving into our building.  Now that does seem like a long time ago.  I remember bringing the girls over to the construction site and having pizza during the build-out stages.  Building the building was not a riskless investment, but it has proven to be one of our best business decisions.  We continue to benefit from the revenue stream created by this asset.  It has financed a lot of education, wedding(s!) and will do so for years into the future.

My pal Roy and I went over to the annual golf clothing/equipment sale that the various clubs put together at a big reception hall up from our office on Kimberly.  Pro shops have some of the most expensive polo shirts that you can find.  Why you would pay $80 for one in July when they will absolutely be dumped at the sale in November for $32 is beyond me.  We each bought a shirt, mine being a long-sleeved black (why not?) dri-fit pullover with a Hawkeye logo on the left front.

I still have a few spots on the Trot Challenge if anyone is interested.

Maybe more here later.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A donation was made by 1, 1.1 and 1.01 to the Susan Koman Foundation-QC.