Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday

That little episode of snow showers yesterday morning definitely served notice that Winter is in the offing.  Nothing much stuck and what did was gone by lunch time, but it was clearly Winter weather.  Then again, it's almost mid-November...

My friend Rick who took his two adult kids and another couple or two on a commercially-organized/led bike tour of Napa over Labor Day, has been forwarding to me the solicitations that he has begun to receive from the tour company (Trek Tours) on TdF vacations next Summer.  For around $5K each, you can watch some of the stages, ride the mountains, and generally kill yourself for a week.  I suppose that a glutton for punishment could do more than one of the week-long tours.  Way too much work for the amount of wine I would be looking at.

Interestingly, my desktop has now been displaying Trek Tour ads when I access Google.  If you could put on super-duper-double-techno-xray-vision goggles, grubby little cookies would be all that you could see on my machine.  A tekkie germaphobe wouldn't touch it.  I think all that CSI stuff is real.

Cousin Carrie (and David) are Numbers 1 and 2 on the Turkey Trot Challenge.

The TV was on earlier, tuned to CBS's Person of Interest.  I wasn't paying attention, but when I looked up, the scene being shown was in Washington Square Park in Manhattan.  Web photo from an elevated location.  My midi-digi just of the arch.  3 and I had been there that Sunday of my visit and I was able to identify the location shown on the tube by the distinctive Arch at one end of the park.  And 3 and I had talked about the amount of filming done in the city.  The Big Apple lives up to it's name.  Very cool.

The plan tomorrow is to get to the office a little early, make my regularly scheduled Friday 0900 meeting (Spin at Gold's), get back to the house to shower, and then meet my Vet pal Bill for lunch and the Arsenal program. How does 2 get the day off?

There may be an IC trip in our future for Saturday.  Not likely to get into the game, but Airliner pizza sounds like a good option.

Make it a a good TGIF.

BCOT

No comments: