Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday

The delivery protocol for the new couch included a scheduled call the night before to advise me on the time to expect the delivery the next day.  I received no call.  So I called the store this morning to get the information.  American utilizes a centralized call center, so the call to the local store gets sent to Toledo (or some place).  And you are put in a queue.  IRS-esque.

The service rep who picks up my call identifies me by requesting my phone number.  I tell her that I thought that there was supposed to be a call last night to give me the delivery time.  And she says, "We did call you sir, at 8:17 last night.  We left a message."  Hmmm.  I asked what number they called, and she rattled off the number...which happened to not be my number!  They had punched a wrong digit for one number.  I wonder if that call recipient is still hanging around for a delivery between two and five this afternoon?

The actual delivery process was a non-event event. The deliverymen must have had an afternoon promise because they called me over my lunch hour wanting to make the delivery within the half hour.  20 minutes, they were come and gone, three-piece sectional assembled and in place.  Suite.

Hey to 3 who is at Camden Yard in Baltimore for the game tonight.  And 1 started a KC trip discussion last night that I am all for.  Sometime between mid-June and mid-July works best for me.

Speaking of 1, and 1.1 and 1.01, there will be a new street address to etch into Outlook for their new house.  They closed today.  Congrats to the family!  Moving in will take some time.  We'll need details when 1 has the time to do so.

Get Well Wishes to 4.  She's missed work the last couple of days after having finally gone to the doctor and been diagnosed with pneumonia!  We all suffer from the "gotta get to work" syndrome.  When something hangs on for a couple of weeks, it's probably time to get it checked out.

The crest on the Mississippi passed through town last weekend.  Now with the water receding a little each day, the local news outfits are in rewind mode to report the dismantling of the the temporary/sandbag levees, etc., the opening of flooded streets, and the general "return to normalcy".  Is this the equivalent of reporting on watching paint dry?  No wonder 4 wants out of local news.

IRS again tomorrow.  I love this country.

BCOT

No comments: