Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Tuesday

I watched the first half last night.  And it was painful.  On top of not really caring who won, interest really waned when neither team could throw it in the ocean.  I'm not saying that the level of play was inferior, but I didn't see anyone on the court who had the skills to go to the pros.  Whatever. 

Technology moves on.  We have a Dell laptop down in our conference room that we use in client tax meetings.  That computer is a couple of years older than my laptop, and I think that the two of them are just a little more capable than door-stops.  Not sure that "speed" is crucial in my usage, but the conference room laptop makes the abacus look like an option. 

Glad to see RevKev back on-line.

There is a major pro cycling race going on this week in the Basque country of Spain where 4 and I will be visiting in August. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vuelta-al-Pa%C3%ADs-Vasco/113460555334182 There's really not a very good Homepage to the race, but this link gives some information.  Most of the stages are in the area South of Bilbao.  Last year, American Chris Horner of Radio Shack was the overall winner.  We'll definitely be visiting some of the towns in this year's race.

Booked my flight last night for the second weekend in June for Charleston, SC and the wedding of my pal Pete's son.  They have some direct flights out of Chicago to Charleston, but I elected to pay the extra $100 and avoid the drive, parking and general hassle of the drive to/from C-town.  I was last in Charleston as a college senior-to-be when I spent four weeks of USAF boot camp at the base outside of Charleston.  I remember it being hot and humid.  And that reveille blare at oh-dark-hundred every morning for physical training before breakfast.  Not a pleasant memory.

When a high school team wins a state championship, regardless of the sport, how many teams should be in the tournament to make it a worthy title?  This morning's paper provided details of the Iowa girls soccer divisional classes.  Three groups with basically 45-50 schools per class.  Hmmmm.  When my high school played in the state basketball tournament my senior year, there were 405 schools in our "small school" class.  This is not a simple comparison, but don't you need more than 50 teams to do "Hoosiers"?

Back to the excitement of Federal and state income taxes.  3, your NYC form took a few extra minutes last night to navigate.  Those folks have mastered the art of tax, tax, tax.

BCOT

1 comment:

Mary Margaret said...

Herky loves the NYC tax system. He has a 4 year degree in accounting and still had his return sent back to him last year. This year he ponied up the $$ in advance so if he messes up the filing H&R Block has to help him fix it.