Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday...UPDATED

I feel badly that I let work get in the way and not properly recognize here the significant days that just recently passed.  April 10th was Daddy's birthday, and April 13th was Mother and Daddy's 75th wedding anniversary. Picture to follow.

UPDATE...So Uncle Phil points out that my information above on Daddy's birthday was/is wrong.  I kind of knew it at the time, but the obituary that I have tacked to my office book case has April 10th as his birthdate, so I went with it. 

I may have mentioned here in an earlier year that Aunt Martha was my annual source of information on the folks' birthday's and anniversary.  I could never keep them straight.  Small irony that I can't do so even now, even with a published record for reliance.

http://www.thehoranies.com/  One of the authors of this blog has returned to life.

I ended up having a near-tragic accident with the Beater one night this week.  It was virtually a repeat of the circumstances that occurred two years ago when I totaled my original Lucerne.  I was passing through a traffic-lighted intersection in Bettendorf near my regular Starbuck's, with a full-green light for my lane of traffic, when an on-coming car in the left-turn lane made an immediate left in front of me!  I stood on my breaks, swerved to a screeching halt, and missed the turning car by inches.  And the driver didn't even bat an eye. 

I'm wondering if getting the vanity plate was bad carma.  How long does a person have to go before the bad carma period expires?

My neighbors on either side of me have both mowed their yards already.

Happy Tax Birthday to Tax Day.  Then again, with the filing date actually being the 18th, maybe my good wishes are a couple days premature.


BCOT

No comments: