Sunday, April 03, 2011

Sunday

Just a few lines today to report in to the peanut gallery.  Busy times here and the creative gene is definitely in remission.

Can't say that I was very excited about the tournament semifinals last night.  The element that I find most annoying is the insertion of the broadcast personalities into the pre-game and post-game introductions and interviews.  Almost a WWE feel to it.  I'd rather have the second-team crew from Big Monday rather than listen to Chuck Barkley opine(?) and Kenny Smith instruct (?).  And Jim and Clark try to wax with so much sophistication that I want to wretch.  Gimme a break.  It's basketball.

They start the tear-down and re-paving of my street tomorrow.  I'm thinking that the hassle-factor in my life will be headed to a higher normal.

I am headed out this afternoon for my third straight day of outdoor cycling.  I'll definitely be sticking to the bike path for most of this month.  My evaluation of my current conditioning is fairly negative.  I'll need to put in a lot of time on the bike in the next four months to be ready for the Pyrenees.  I would have thought the Winter spin classes would have given me a better base.  Maybe the Age Factor out-weighs the Spin Factor.

Congrats to Hong Kong Carrie for winning the Clan Challenge.  Again?  Hmmmm.

I can't remember what I've talked about here before on our office phone system, but I have an update.  This Mitel unit is the exact one on my desk.  It has the cordless handset and, most importantly to me, a cordless headset.  I almost never use the handset.

In the last couple of weeks, I've gone to the additional extent of leaving my desk unit's direct line number as permanently programmed to ring to my cell phone.  This is meaningful to me when I'm in route to or from a meeting out of the office, or when I am rarely at the coffee shop. 

The driving force behind this decision was that I couldn't consistently remember to key the desk set to the "Call Forwarding" option when I would leave the office.  Kind of a Sometimer's issue.  The only down side is that when my cell phone rings while sitting here on my desk, I tend to be caught a little off guard.  Even when the downstairs receptionist calls to alert me of a client arrival, it rings to the cell phone.

With all my office calls coming to my cell phone, and with my laptop having desktop access, I truly can run my business from the coffee shop.

Pretty good sports week ahead.  Men's final tomorrow night.  Women's semi's today and finals on Tuesday.  Master's starts on Thursday.  (My pal Roy is headed there Tuesday.)  Martinsville NASCAR as I write this.  Tour of Flanders across the pond this AM. (Hard to believe that the favorite Cancellara got beat.)

A couple more returns to do, then off to the bike.  Need a report from 3 on her weekend in C-town.

BCOT

No comments: