Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday

Perfect early Spring day here today.  Did not have the time to get out and enjoy it.

2's trip to the Left Coast ended Sunday night with that funky drive from the TC when Delta canceled her flight.  Turns out that the problem is related to construction on the QC runways, and the size of Delta's aircraft used for the flights into the QC.  The bigger planes can't use the temporary runway (or Delta has a protocol that won't allow it).  I'm wondering if they'll have their act together when I fly Delta to San Antonio next month (and, more importantly, when 4 and I head to The Continent in August.)

I noted on Twitter yesterday that it occurred to me on my morning excursion with The Winniferous that it was a misnomer to call the outing a "walk".  Her excitement and enthusiasm to get out and checkout all of the surroundings has almost no bounds.  And that Terrier breeding usually has her on "Full Alert" status.  Henceforth, I'll be referring to her chaperoned exercise as "hunts".  You might be walking.  But she's on the hunt.

I also learned yesterday that my hand-written signature really should be described as my "mark".  Kind of like the old, un-educated cowboys who didn't sign the deeds to their ranches.  They made their "mark".  It's pretty difficult to pick out letters in my signature.  It's mostly several loops.  I remember Daddy as having awful handwriting, and wondering at the time how somebody could have that bad of writing skills.  I certainly didn't realize that it was a genetic problem.

Then I had the discussion over the weekend with a friend about why Seinfeld has been such a successful show in syndication, whereas Cheers, and Mash! seem to be shown by fewer stations.  I had never thought a lot about the point, but Seinfeld does seem to be the dominant half-hour comedy show on the re-run circuit.  I don't particularly like Ted Danson, Kirstie Alley or Kelsey Grammer.  Alan Alda..eh?  Whatever.  I'm going to have to think about this one.

Actually, I'm now at a point where I dislike most of Hollywood actors/actresses that I could live without a TV.  I think I could.  Not that I plan to put that one on my To-do list.

Headed to bed.  Need another big day.

BCOT

2 comments:

Kristen Charles said...

You only learned yesterday your signature is illegible?

camperkev said...

There was a point in time when I was in college that Cheers was on at least 4-5 times a day in syndication and that was during their final year. Cheers is still on some channel in our lineup. Haven't seen MASH on since early 90's.