Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday....UPDATED

Back at the office today for another round of tax gymnastics.  The good thing about the protocols this late in the season is that decisions get made rather than deferred.  By both preparer and client.

I had intended to post up a pic of The Winniferous that I took last night, but I forgot that the system here has essentially disabled photo-sharing on Blogger, so that pic will have to wait until later today when I get home and can put it on from the laptop.  She got tuckered-out from the afternoon run and pulled the old "Winnie Flop" several times on the inward segment toward home.

I paid my credit card bill yesterday, and the price at the pump is hitting home.  I usually fill-up the Buick when it hits the 1/4 of  a tank level, and most of those fill-ups have been between $45-50.  Purchasing the 8 cylinder model was not made for conservation purposes, but if that was my only mode of transport, and I was on the road a lot, I would be having second thoughts.

There was a huge bike race in Northern France today...Paris - Roubaix.  Known as "The Hell of the North" for the brutal course and the frequent challenging weather.  They ride 250+ kilometers, many over old cobblestone roads (called pave) that cause flat tires and other more-serious mechanical problems.  Any rider who wins has a huge notch in his belt in cycling circles.  There was an upset winner today as the odds-on favorite lost out on some tactical choices made in the last 30k.  Professional cycling is often a matter of team planning.  The strongest rider doesn't always win.

More here later.

LATER...Full day for me.  Work.  Bike ride.  Some walks with The Winniferous.  And with 2's modified change of plans getting home, The W will be extending her stay another night.  She's had a calm and exercise-busy visit.  But she definitely belongs at her place!  And she needs a bath!!

When I did frequent travel to PHX and LAX in the mid-80"s, I learned that coming home from the Left Coast was always a full day.  The temptation to take a later-in-the-day flight to spend a couple extra hours there came with the variable of a last-plane-out connection at ORD.  I spent more than one night in C-town when United would cancel that flight for "mechanical" reasons.  Of course, the flight only had six reservations.  Mechanical problems, my keester!

Make it a good week.

BCOT



BCOT

No comments: