Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday

It was good to get back to my own bed last night.

The trip back from the Gulf coast was pretty much as scheduled.  The only small hitch in the giddy-up was that I was told by the hotel clerk on Sunday night that there was not an additional charge for transport to the airport.  Come 0545 yesterday morning, the call came to my room that my taxi was waiting for me.  Not being a pure rube, I suspected that the cab was an Lt.-pays ride.  I was right.  A $13-plus-tip addition to the room charge, if you will, for a five minute ride.  Whatever.

In another example of "It's a Small World", 3 and I were passing ships at O'Hare yesterday.  She came into town from NYC by way of Concourse C a couple of hours before my late-morning, one-hour layover in Concourse B.  That would have been a suite bonus if we had had closer connections.  Serendipity?

As a baseball afficianado, I've been enjoying the playoffs.  As a hitter, I feel bad for the guys going up against these great pitchers.  Cliff Lee looks like a Yankee-Killer extraordinaire.  Over/Under has the Yanks signing him in the off-season for a gazillion dollars.  And that's mostly so they won't have to face him in the play-offs again next year.

My latest example of out-sourcing:  I engaged my Perfect Neighbor to put the second coat of stain on my deck.  I had been able to get the first coat on a week ago, but with the travel and shortening days, that second coat didn't look promising.  So for a nominal contribution to their church, the second coat went on this afternoon.  Almost RCL-esque.  I like it.

Still a little off from the travel.  Maybe more here later.

BCOT

No comments: