Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday....UPDATED

The now new home page image was snapped this AM  on landing approach to Corpus Christi.  I'm in Texas for the weekend to visit my friend Richard at his new place on the Gulf coast. 

This entry is coming to you from the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport.  My connection to Corpus Christi leaves shortly.  UPDATE items are entered from Port Aransas which is on the barrier island called Mustang Island.

The problem with my laptop previously reported here earlier this week was Sometimers.  There's a manual switch on the side of the machine (which I, of course, never knew about!) that can turn the wifi router in the computer on and off.  I must have brushed the switch to the "off" position when I shut it down on Monday night.  LtPC is not exactly hi-tech.

3 is Daughter of the Day.  Happy Tax Birthday, Kiddo!  (This is a repeat pic, I know.  But it's a fav.)

I don't watch MSNBC, but the conservative blogsphere has been having a field day with the network's new tag line, "Lean Forward".  Really.  They actually have run a commercial on the NBC family of networks.  Talk about awkward.  They must have gone to the same agency as Drake and Gap.  The punch lines are just too easy.

I may or may not get back to this later today.  Get out there and enjoy TGIF.  But...

BCOT

UPDATE...

Richard's place is just maybe three hundred yards from the Gulf in a small single-family development.  The shore line reminds me a little of Delaware with the dunes and scruffy grasses.  No ocean wading/swimming for me.

Routine travel.  I did have the luxury of an empty seat next to me on the flight from MLI.  And I was in the single side of the two-on-one-side, one-on-the-other-side puddle jumper from DFW to Corpus.  DFW's arrangement is circular.  And not that busy today.

The schedule here is Open House party tonight, golf tomorrow, and hangin' out on Sunday.  Not a lot different from lobby-sitting.  Suite.  I can do that.

Have a great weekend.  Enjoy your first birthday in The Concrete Jungle, 3!

BCOT

1 comment:

Kristen Charles said...

Who is Richard???