Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday

Not sure why I wasn't able to get a blog up on Saturday.  I sure spent enough time on the couch.  Looks like we are going to have a super day here today.  Maybe a little too warm actually.  1.1 is running the Chicago marathon this AM, as is my pal Cal, and I;m sure that it is too warm for those folks.

I admit to be a little slow on the uptake, but it took me most of the game yesterday to figure out that ND's starting tailback and middle linebacker share the same number "5" on their jerseys.  If the NCAA has rules for limiting the number of players that a team can suit up for a game, and I suspect that they do, I'm betting that its over 100.  Which gets you into the double number situation.  I suppose that its not the most critical issue in sports.
.
Here's a little nod out to 3 who is headed to The City by the Bay for a couple of days.  Her first couple of weeks on the new job have been almost non-stop.  Good luck, Kiddo.  Find a good red from Napa while you're there.
.
ND jumped on the Breast Cancer Awareness Month bandwagon yesterday with pink highlights for both the players and coaches.  Along with the visors, the coaches had special pink-logoed golf shirts and the players had pink towels and arm/knee bands.  The wagon is a little over-crowded at this point and I find myself moving to the camp where a little can say a lot, and the current trend is just too much pink.

Not to pile on, but is there any truth to the rumor that they're replacing the score board in Ames with a calculator?  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lincoln, Nebraska was a big part of the cover story in today's Parade Magazine.  It was a story of Iraqi immigrants who have relocated to Lincoln after being forced to leave their homeland.  I didn't read the whole article, but it covered mostly one fairly large family in a US government program that had been put together to address the needs of these newly arrived foreign nationals.  I'd be curious if 4 could shed some light on this program from the perspective of the local community.

So I've got to do a little office work this AM and then get that deck done this afternoon.  Hope everyone has a good day.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha said:

Interesting article....thanks....52 languages in the local school system...challenging

Be sure and read the next article about home delivery of milk