Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday

Another day, another "lost keys" story.

When I came home at lunch yesterday to pick up the Buick for the drive down to Muskie for golf (switching from the Taurus which doesn't go out of town), I couldn't seem to locate the primary set of Buick keys.  I was under a little time pressure, so I used my extra set and figured that I'd find the others when I wasn't so rushed.  Long story short, I had to come home for lunch again today to take Margret to the shop for some routine maintenance, and I made a commitment to find the lost keys.

The good news is that I found them.  The bad news is that it was like a brain teaser to locate them.  I knew that they had to be in my house.  And the garage door opener had to be with them.  I looked in the freezer, the microwave, and every drawer in my kitchen.  After retracing every possible step from the last time I drove the Buick on Tuesday night, I basically gave up and figured that I would come across them in the normal course of living.  As I sat down on the couch, I remembered that I had stopped to water my backyard plants after I had put the Buick in the garage on Tuesday night.

I walked outside to the rear garden hose, and the keys and clicker were sitting on the air conditioner.  Of course they were.

So the lesson to all my girls who lose keys, wallets, phones and the like is this:  don't beat yourself up too badly when it occurs next time.  Because it will.  Its a lifetime thing.  (That doesn't mean that you shouldn't be careful.)

RevKev's comments about political calls strikes close to home.  I cancelled my last land line in that house I had with Mother.  After she passed away, I lived there by myself and shut down the phone after getting so many political solicitations.  Eventually, I got rid of cable and AOL as well.  I was a bit of a hermit.

2 and The Winniferous were over for a 3.4 mile training run this evening.  The W is a bit of a trooper.  But her motivation is instinctive: those squirrels gathering nuts in the yards and park-like areas along the way kindle her breeding to protect the cairns from rodents.

I'm over to DM for a meeting tomorrow.  Oh-dark-hundred departure, but I should be back by early evening.  Hoping that construction will be minimal.

Make it a good Friday.

BCOT

1 comment:

2 said...

1) when I move one day it will be to the middle of the state so that when the political ad's start to run I only have to sit through one states worth of ads. Living on the state line means I have to endure Iowa AND Illinois ads. Regardless of the state, they all suck.

2) I had a wonderful nights sleep last night. I credit the the run for my uninterupted slumber. It was so glorious I'm motivated to run more just so I can sleep better.

3) Winnie likes to sprint, so I sprint with her. She stops and waits when she gets too far ahead of Dad. It's pretty funny to see her stop mid sprint to see how far back dad is.