Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Wednesday

It's been a slow adjustment back to normal for me this week. I don't think that it was the wine. Just a different routine. Travel. A different bed. All in the heat. Whatever. Better today.

The big news here is that I am scheduled to play in the ProAm event next Wednesday as part of the PGA tournament here, the John Deere Classic. I bought some raffle tickets from my pal Roy last month for a drawing that I had no details about; not what it was for, not the prize, not the date of the drawing. Anyway, the call came in last week, and I'm in!

I'm playing a practice round tomorrow since I haven't been on the TPC course for 5-6 years. And I'll probably hits some balls a couple of times over the weekend. The parings party is Monday night. I'll meet my foursome partners, and we get assigned our pro and our tee time for Wednesday.

For the non-golfers in the crowd, a ProAm is a common event at most PGA tour stops. Often, there may be a couple of days of various things that allow local hacks to rub elbows with the pro's. For a price. Here, the primary ProAm event goes for around $3,750 per golfer. For that price, the golfer gets to play a practice round, the ProAm itself, a bunch of tickets to the tournament, and various other gratuities. The tournament collects $3,750 from about 225 amateurs, and still makes out big even after the give-aways. Do the math.

"Get Well's" out to 3 who seems to have picked up a bug on the road.

"Kudos" to 4 who has been doing the evening newscasts on her own this week.

"Thanks" to all for the good wishes for Father's Day.

More tomorrow.

BCOT

No comments: