Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday

The boys in France start heading for the mountains tomorrow. The bigger hills come next week, but we're done with field sprints for now.

RAGBRAI starts Sunday in Council Bluffs and ends a week from Saturday in Burlington. Ottumwa hosts the bunch on Thursday night. (You really can't call it a peloton, can you?) My pal Pete is joining the mob Wednesday evening and will be riding Thursday and Friday. Sounds like a couple of his sons and his brother are going too. The one boy is the one who road cross-country earlier this Summer. Lots of other local riders take part as well, some for the full week. I maintain that I'm just not in good enough drinking shape to hang in for more than a couple of nights.

While LtPC will be a no-show for RAGBRAI, both of his bikes will be there. Since I will be on the road all week, I'm loaning out the bikes to Pete's crew to save them from having to transport bikes from out of state.

2 is back in classes for her MBA program. Her plate is busy. (Sorry about the erroneous reference to her on the cell phone issue yesterday.)

4 attended a midnight showing of the new Harry Potter movie earlier this week. Awaiting the review.

1 advises that she successfully completed teaching her summer session courses. She didn't sound all that excited except for the being-over part of it. Still no line on a job for the Fall.

All of the news in the TC is not gloomy, though. Details?

So not all that creative here tonight. But it's a start. More tomorrow.

BCOT

4 comments:

Mary Margaret said...

just wanted to shout out to LtPC for the triumphant return of 4000days. Some of us rely on you for entertaiment!

1 said...

So not all the news from the TC is bad news. For any readers out there who were still in the dark, 1.1 and I are going to be making Lt. PC a grandpa come the end of January. We just had the 12 week appt and heard a very strong heartbeat- 156 bpm! I've had no sickness and the only real changes have been the no drinking thing (sucks) and I'm a little slower when I run. We really like the midwife we're seeing and hope the rest of this deal goes as smootly has it has so far. Once there's something to see, we'll send pics for the blog. Now, I just look chubby. Suite.

Soo said...

"Now, I just look chubby." Right. the 1lb really makes a difference. EAT WOMAN - I WANT A TO SEE A BABY BELLY. When I stand next to you and ask people which one of us do you think is 12 weeks pregnant, I want them to pick you, not me (which, right now I'm pretty sure they would).

On another note - I found this article interesting. Sounds like Starbucks is going the European cafe route:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/16/starbucks-hides-its-name-_n_236155.html

camperkev said...

Congrats to 1 and 1.1!

1.1 will quickly learn that drinking alone is not all that one might make it out to be, however, he will enjoy the fact that when he does choose to hoist a pint that he now has a built in designated driver for at least the next 6 months.

Cheers to you both!