Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday

My class is done. Finally. Two days of CPE are brutal. A third is just off the charts. I'm ready to get back to what ever is normal in my world.

Lance announced today a new cycling team for 2010 called Team RadioShack. This is a pretty big deal. In cycling, it is common for cyclists and teams to begin re-alignments for the following year in the middle of the prior year, so this isn't unusual in that respect. My guess is that he will gear down somewhat after the conclusion of the TdF this weekend, and may not race in any significant events the rest of the year. Spain has it's tour (The Vuelta) in late August, but that race doesn't always get the biggest names (and won't get Lance this year).

I'm a little curious on what air-time charges and roaming charges I have incurred this week on my new NSSP (not-so-smart phone). I am queried each time I hit my office email send/receive confirming that I wanted to perform the function because I was on "roaming" and could incur additional costs. I think that Bill and I are on a combined national plan with 1500 minutes/month. And unlimited data. We'll see.

1 just landed in Beantown, after a modest delay. She and 3 should have a great weekend.

RevKev suggests an earlier July reunion date. I'm OK with that. The Commish is in charge.

Off to meet a client connection for dinner here in the financial district in downtown SF. We've met in my office in Iowa to discuss his parents and family-owned businesses. Now we'll have an adult beverage down along the bay. Cool.

More tomorrow.

BCOT

1 comment:

4 said...

The sooner we get this on the calendar, the sooner I can request it off. And the sooner I have something to look forward to!

Let's see if the retro condo is available.