Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thursday

This a pic of me and my buds after today's practice round at TPC Deere Run. Randy, Roy, Ron, and moi. Really a great day. Seasonal 70's. Not much humidity. Good friends. My golf left something to be desired, but I felt good about getting around the course before scores really count next Wednesday.

My pal Ron (blue shirt in the middle) is going to be my caddy. No carts, so he has to carry my bag. No way I could do it on a flat course, let alone the hilly layout at TPC. He's the golf coach at PV High School, a morning coffee regular, and (in a previous life) the carpenter contractor on our office building in 1989. And for bonus points, the dad of one of my PV Breakers AAU basketball team when 4 and her friends were in 5-8th grades. (He admits that he didn't like me much as a coach. Note to all: he was not in a small group.)

We even had a gallery of two this afternoon for our last four holes! Another client of mine knew that we were out on the course and he and a friend came and followed us when they had completed their round. They checked us out from the seating areas around the greens, and heckled us on the tees. They were trying to get me ready for game day.

The markets are closed tomorrow (which probably aided today's sell-off), but I'll be going in to move some tasks off my desk. I have several projects to get done next week, and I have an IRS agent in on Monday to conduct an audit. (Great way to start the week!) I'll need to make up some biking mileage, and, of course, the yards are ready again. Busy day. I'll try to blog from the office in the morning.

BCOT

No comments: