Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday

Thanks to 3 for a little love in yesterday's comments. How 'bout this recent Twitter pic of her? Very chic!

And the story from 1 and 1.1 is another high-water mark for the fam. Congrats to the happy parents-to-be. You are in for a great adventure! I had no clue when I started mine with you guys. Not sure that I have one yet.

Oh Dark Hundred departure for the Left Coast tomorrow. Up to Tahoe for Happy Hour. (Uncle Phil pulled a fast one on me with the Biaggi's staff and I found a case of my fav dry Italian red in my car on the way home tonight. Pretty sneaky!)

Quick story on my detachment with reality. I rarely, if ever, use the city's garbage collection service. I generally keep a small bag and take it to the office every-other-day or so. It's just easier. Last week, I was cleaning out the garage the evening before normal garbage pick-up, and since I had some yard-waste bags with grass and leaves, and the recycling container already prepared for pick-up, I decided to use my assigned container and get rid of some long-held junk in the garage.

I set everything out in the proper way, with appropriate stickers and bindings, and they took everything but the standard garbage! I figured that there was too much stuff and they just over-looked the garbage. So I set it out again yesterday. Wrong! By-passed again!

I called garbage-control with the city today and learned that I had elected bi-weekly pick-up which meant that I had a gray lid on my regular garbage can and the gray lids were only picked up every-other-week. Yes, I pay a lesser monthly fee, but I haven't hit the right every-other-collection-day yet! And I'm on the road the next two weeks! What ever it is that I have paid per month over the last five years, I still haven't had any garbage moved off the property! (That's a program that the current White House would love!)

I gotta pack.

BCOT

1 comment:

camperkev said...

garbage collection in the midwest is way too complicated. 3 cans in brentwood: blue, green, brown.

Brown = garbage (every week)
Blue = recycling (everything in one can, no sorting required)
Green = yard waste

Blue and Green rotate every other week. They give you a calendar, but one either trusts the first person in the neighborhood to put their choice of green or blue can in the street, or develops a keen memory for gauging when the appropriate can needs to go out.

It would only be simpler if they picked up all 3 cans each week.