Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Wednesday

I'm giving 2 some props tonight for her work at the museum. She has steadily risen through the ranks, and the new Director has made a good choice to now let her do more meaningful work for the organization. I have said all along, the museum needs motivated young people like 2 to breathe new life into an operation that can otherwise fall into bad habits with little energy. You rock, girl!

I have no clue on who the guest commentator was on yesterday's non-entry. Probably someone looking to sign up bloggers on a money-grab.

I cannot recall potholes being the problem that they are on our local streets this year. I got caught this morning in the right-hand lane on Kimberly Road over by Red Lobster, and I literally had to stop to avoid bottoming-out my car. The street maintenance budgets for our communities have all got to be well under water this year. Pun intended.

My Oldsheimer's kicked in yesterday and I didn't get to the polls to vote for the tax proposal to support school funding for capital improvements in the county. And early in the day, I had actually logged on to the Scott County website to find my voting place. Late in the day, I got involved with a couple of return situations, and then I met a client for a cocktail, and I forgot all about the voting business. Fortunately, the proposal passed. If I don't have a stickie note on the tip of my nose, I'm inclined to forget it, whatever "it" is.

Barack was saying on the news today that part of the reason for Hillary's success in yesterday's primaries was something akin to a "sympathy vote". There have been some accounts in the press, most likely originating from the Clinton campaign, that the media has been perceptibly easier on Obama than on Clinton, even to the point of being the focus of an over-the-top skit on SNL (which I, of course, did not see since it's past my bedtime). Does Barack think that there are actually fair-play rules in politics?

More later.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props dad! It's nice to hear that. Its been a rough couple days - those who don't believe in you (and aren't afraid to tell you that) can really drain your motivation. But I'll keep truking along. Only one more day and it's Friday - Go Vikings.

Idols over. I'm off to take a dose of ny-quil and hit the sack early - I'm beyond pooped!