Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday

OK. I'm off to Des Moines tomorrow for a little biz and a reception. Back late tomorrow night.

This is the state capital building in DM.. I think we had the girls in there a time or two for educational purposes. They tried the stairs to the little side domes, I think.

Snow again this AM. It's getting really old. We still have snow piles at the edges of the parking lots. Just like Tahoe.

Did I ever mention here that the Waterfront Deli in Bettendorf does a great imitation of Chicago style hotdogs? I've had them several times and they've really got it figured out. Not cheap, but all the condiments. Hot buns. Small bag of chips. $3.50. Right up your alley, 2. It could be the Sports Corner at Wrigley.

Greetings to Uncle Phil. He undoubtedly will have something intelligent to say at a point in time in the future.

My pal Roy closes on his new golf course later this week. My advice to him is to keep clubhouse expenses down and say , "No", to most suggestions and requests for improvements. In his world, lots of people want to spend his money on their ideas. I continually remind him of a piece of sage investment advice from another old friend; "No pile (of money) is too big."

And one other thing, is it fair that Kristi Yamaguchi is an "amateur" on Dancing with the Stars? Not that I really care, or watch, but it is a valid question. Inquiring minds want to know.

Have a great day.

BCOT





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whatever, when i go to the sports corner, i take my own peanuts.