Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday

This cartoon is very close to my scenario this evening on the way home from work, but I was lucky enough to have hit fumes within walking distance of the office. I wasn't for sure that it was gas, and I thought about calling the tow truck, but I did the math and decided to give a shot to a gallon of gas. It worked. But it still managed to screw up my evening. Arguably, I saved enough for a pretty nice evening with Tuscan red.

Actually, I profited from a similar fate with the same car coming home with 2 from an Augie game over a year ago. The symptoms were identical; a normally running car just dies. Plenty of juice in the battery and the starter was strong. Overall, the fix was the same, and this one was pretty simple compared to that night from a year ago. No cops.

The problem was with my math on just how many miles that I should expect out of a gallon of gas. For some reason, I had it in my mind that the number was 260. And I was at 180. For future users of the Taurus, trust me on this: 180 is the number.

Maybe I should consider getting the gas gage fixed. Naah.

The play-in game is on. ESPN has the A Team on the broadcast. Including Erin. Mt. St. Mary's now gets Carolina.

Craig Wilson will probably have a basketball brackets theme in his column tomorrow. The tournament has become such an iconic symbol of our American culture, even gay, Life section writers feel compelled to comment.

Get those picks in.

Hey to 1 and 1.1 on the road.

BCOT

No comments: