Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wednesday

I guess I'm giving up on catching up with the day I lost on Christmas.

This is a week that has always been a little odd for me. The time between Christmas and New Years is important for some of my business clients, but for others, it's very low key. As I do less tax work, there is less stress from yearend decisions that must be made to get a transaction into one year or the other. For my partners, this week is usually very hectic.

1 is coming to town tomorrow for a family weekend. 3 is bringing her beau in from C-town so it will be party hearty in the Quad Cities.

Another nice day here. I want to get a Shel run in this evening. Lots of rumors out there about various family members doing halfs this Spring. I will not be one of them.

Turns out I was spotted at the movie on the 24th by a friend/client. His comments about the movie were mostly that it was long and complicated. I agreed. But in the overall scheme of things, we have been to worse movies on Christmas Eve.

My Ironman watch took a turn for the worse over the weekend. The gal at the counter at Wal-Mart tried to put in a new battery, but either it wasn't the battery, or she killed it, because the new battery did not solve the problem. I hear that Santa has a new one for me in his bag. In the meantime, I broke out the old Seiko that has been sitting in my desk for 15 years, and wollaah, it works. The band is a little tight, but the auto-winder-thingamabob inside was able to restart the thing once I put it on my wrist. This is a watch that I bought in Korea in 1973 or 74.

We are at the point that we need to be looking at 2007 goals. I'm not sure that I did real well with my 2006 list, but I'll drag it out here in the next few days to consider the results. I'll expect some commentary from my readership.

So I may try to get back at this later.

Be careful out there.

No comments: