Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wednesday

Kind of a lost day here. I had yet another CPE seminar today. This one a satellite gig at the Iowa Area Education facility in Bettendorf (the old Bettendorf HS on 21st Street). I did a few crosswords. This was my last such program for the year.

I also managed to go home for the lunch hour and did the Shel three mile route in a little over 34 minutes. It was cool-to-cold with the Westerly breeze, but it felt good getting it done. I wish it was easier for me to run.

The Hawks managed to give it away last night. I had actually turned to other programing at half because I didn't think UNI had enough to make a game of it. Then I flipped over later on and UNI is ahead in the last minute. Wow! The Hawks are in trouble. Bring back Coppin State.

Lake Tahoe housing made USA Today yesterday as part of a story about the softening of the housing market throughout the country. The gist of the article, I think, was that houses may be staying on the market longer, but that prices at Incline were not going down. They also featured a picture of the place at Zephyr Cove that is currently listed for sale at $100 mil.

I must be way too far over the hill. I couldn't get myself to watch the Victoria's Secret fashion show last night.

Tomorrow is Pearl Harbor Day. No. I'm not that old. One article in one of the papers today mentioned that the memorial in Hawaii is sinking and that they aren't sure what to do to save it. They say that the memorial has been visited much more than anyone projected, and may have simply been under-engineered for the traffic.

I'm sure that for people now in their 70's, the Pearl Harbor attack would make that short list of events that everyone would remember where they were and what they were doing at that time. For me, that kind of list includes President Kennedy's assasination, Neil Armstrong's landing on the moon, and 9-11.

My pal Roy had a major economic event impact him this week. The publicly-traded company that his father founded was sold and the family's remaining interests will soon be converted to good 'ole cashola. He gets hit on by every fund raiser already. It will get worse. I gave him my best planning advice, "Just say no".

The initial bills for the January Why Pay Less golf trip to Cabo hit my recently received credit card invoice. At the tranportation and lodging rates reflected on the bill, the name of the trip has no chance of changing.

With my workout already done, I think I'll head out for a glass of vino. With it basically having been a lost day productivity-wise, I might as well stay the course this evening.

Be careful out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this entry dad... particularly the comment about the unproductive day followed by a glass of vino! I feel as though I am my father's daughter...

Anonymous said...

I think we all know no one landed on the moon, Dad.

Anonymous said...

speak for yourself.

Anonymous said...

oops, i misread that. of course no one landed on the moon.