Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Monday/Tuesday

I have no clue where today went.

Pretty good additions to 4000 Days' "14 Days of Christmas" list. For the record, the daily additions are not necessarily in order of importance. For anyone.

I wish I would have put this on the blog a day earlier. Jimmy Johnson, the 48 car/NASCAR champ, made the news wires over the weekend by breaking his wrist at a celebrity golf outing. The original statement released by his camp had him falling from a cart that he was riding in when the driver made an unexpected turn. My first reaction was, "I wonder how much alcohol was involved?" It came out yesterday that he was riding on top of the cart.

I left this open last night when I ran out for what was supposed to be a brief cocktail with Roy before a function that he needed to attend at 6:30. Needless to say, it wasn't brief and I never made it back. Sorry.

For my entry of the 13th Day of Christmas memory, I submit the sledding hill at Duck Creek, with no snow, and our running commentary as we drove by about the performances of the make-believe kids going down the hill.

So I'll do better today.

Be careful out there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas presents from Matt Damon, Will Smith, Hilary Clinton, Mickey Mouse, Brad Pitt....

Anonymous said...

My American Girl doll and all her accessories.

Hopefully, she'll out one her stand in her Christmas outfit when I get home!

Anonymous said...

That doll is freakish and creepy!!! Getting to decorate the tree and seeing the boxes of ornaments stacked on the couch. I was always excited to put up the Kermit the frog ornaments and every year I miss getting to decorate the tree at home. My tree has about seven ornaments on it.

Anonymous said...

Pictures in the movie theater, as if that is acceptable... typically wearing an array of only marginally coordinating outfits.

Anonymous said...

yeah, mary. you'd think we'd learn how to dress ourselves. I mean, for at least the past two years I've had to change my outfit because I'm wearing it in a pic from the previous year!