Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wednesday

Yucky day in the neighborhood. It has rained here most of the afternoon. Glad that it is not snow.

We had a press conference here this AM to announce our sponsorship of the Quad Cities Criterium next Memorial Day. Decent turnout. We'll see how the story is reported. 3 helped set up the SB's decanters and the treats. You did good. Thanks. 2 took time off from work to attend as well.

2 and I will be travelling to Minnesota tomorrow to attend services for Matt's Mom. It will be a quick trip as we both need to be at work here on Friday. Sad times for all of us.

I'm told that the 14 Days of Christmas memory list was too long to sustain. I did see where Anna and The King made it's second appearance yesterday. Actually, I think I had a miscount originally because if today is the 4th Day, our list runs out on Saturday, which is a day early. Maybe next year we can do something like our top 10 Christmas Dreams. Fantasy sells.

So for my 4th Day of Christmas Memory, I select the old Nativity scenes from my kid days. I even made a couple of the "stables" myself from scratch. They were not keepers. Painted plaster figurines of Mary, Joseph, the Baby Jesus, the Wise Men (always off to the side as they were getting there after the birth), the shepherds, sheep and other animals. Swaths of cotton on top of and around the "stable" for winter effects.

Traffic has been amazing. It must be getting close to Christmas. I'm going to have to get to my shopping soon.

I'm off to the Augie game.

Be careful out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Thursday and still no comments? I'm the youngest, at least I have an excuse for running out of memories!!

How about wearing tights with christmas trees on them? can I get a pair of those in my size now?

Anonymous said...

Having dad peel us oranges

Anonymous said...

pattent leather shoes