Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday AM

This could be considered a Sunday PM entry. I thought about coming by last night, but decided that it was just too cold to make the trip. It is Winter here in Iowa these days.

The Irish got the Sugar Bowl and LSU. Nothing like playing a really good team on what will amount to be their home field. Take LSU and give the points. Whatever they may be.

The Hawks drew Texas for their Alamo Bowl opponent. This makes the game a lot more appealing to Iowa's fans, I think. Who wants to go to a lower-tier bowl game and watch the Horned Frogs of Texas Christian? I had heard last week that early sales of game tickets to Iowa fans had been a little slow. The announcement of the opposing team being Texas should create some enthusiasm. And it is San Antonio, a great destination.

4 made a trip to Bettendorf yesterday to make a final interview with me for her SB's coffee group feature. Mostly, I think she wanted to get away from IC for a little while.

I have my annual physical this week. In addition to the general poking and prodding, I need to have blood work done and I need to get a chest x-ray. I also got a notice that it has been five years since my last colonoscopy. Now that's what I call exciting news.

The traffic on the main streets in town has picked up to holiday levels. Pulling out of our office park onto Kimberly on Saturday afternoon was an adventure. I don't even go up to 53rd Street.

1 has made progress on the wedding. She will need to keep us updated.

So I have a lot going on here this week. I need to get going. More later.

Be careful out there.

No comments: