Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday

No blog today.

2 is headed over to IC for the game tonight. Roy's tickets plus a VIP parking pass.

I stopped over at the clinic this AM early and had my blood pulled for analysis for my physical exam tomorrow. You have to fast before you have the blood taken, so I just went before coffee. I hate getting shots and that needle for blood is the same thing.

Anybody notice that ND bballers beat two ranked teams this week? In a rather candid interview earlier this year, the ND coach basically said that they weren't going to get the top recruits, but they were going to get good players who would likely be there for four years and who could emerge as the NBA roll players like Paxson, Quinn and Garrity. It would be nice if they could be competitive in the Big East. My guess is that having Weis elevate the football program has had some carryover benefits to the hard court.

I'm thinking about taking the four courses required by Iowa high schools to become coaching certified. Several years ago, in an effort to get their hands around the volunteer coaching ranks, they came up with these minimially useful classes that an individual had to attend to be able to serve a school in any coaching capacity. Now, my pal Roy has volunteered to be the assistant golf coach at PV in 2007 , and he has to take the courses if he really wants to act in that capacity. The likelihood of him attending the classes on his own is Z-E-R-OOOOO!. So I think I'll do it with him so that he'll "git'r dun". Trust me. I will not be coaching anything, anywhere, anytime.

I see where some real estate family out East paid in excess of a billion dollars for one NYC skyscraper. I didn't look at the comps, but they'd better keep that thing 100% leased to pay for the cost of their capital. A billion here and billion there and pretty soon we'll be talking about real money.

Have a great evening.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for this not being a blog, it was a pretty long 'no entry'. the lady spartans are now 3-1.