Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday

I wonder how the post-election news will run. I have avoided anything where I might have to watch Katie Couric or Nancy Pelosi. Or the worst case, both on the same screen. So far I've been successful.

It's pretty obvious that Iraq was the deciding issue in the vote. It wasn't the deficit, the minimum wage bill, or taxes. People were, and are, tired of seeing GIs killed in what looks like a hopeless country that seemingly cannot get past ethnic hatred.

I think we'll have two years of political stand-offs with the focus quickly turning to the Presidental election in 2008. If the economy can withstand a flu bug in the next few months, growth ought to continue. Then it will be a long campaign with lots of uncertainty. In the meantime, I celebrate with every other American of voting age the quietness of the airwaves now that the name-calling has stopped.

Doing three with 2 tonight. It must still be in the 60's outside. Great day.

Enjoyed 4's entry from yesterday. And 1's health tips.

Be careful out there.

No comments: