Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday

Not much for today. Monday's are always a bit hectic and today was no exception.

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of 4000 Days. So I guess this is the "Tax Anniversary" for the blog. It has been a great year putting out my pearls of wisdom. If I was more creative, I might come up with a Top Ten list of the best things about the blog. But I'm just too tired to try that for now. Maybe later.

I leave at oh dark hundred tomorrow for C-town. I'll try to add something to this while on the road. I plan an early return Wednesday morning.

Just ten days to the TT. 2 and I are headed out tonight for our normal three miler.

Discovery is already getting grief for signing Basso. There's a DNA test that the cycling community had wanted all riders to take to refute the drug suspicions from the Spanish investigation that had resulted in the suspensions of many riders, including Basso, earlier this year. Basso had refused. I think that he ought to take the test. If he's clean, good for him and Discovery. If not, "ciao".

The Cards did the right thing and renegotiated Jim Edmonds' deal to keep him in centerfield. He was due a one year option of like $13 mil, which StL would not have picked up given his age and performance. But a two year deal of around $9 mil per year was good for both sides. He's a baseball player and StL is a baseball town.

Have a good evening.

Be careful out there.

No comments: