Monday, November 27, 2006

Monday PM

So Monday was another Monday.

One of the little episodes I went through over the weekend was the temporary loss of the keys to the Taurus. It came to my attention around noon on Saturday that I must have misplaced the keys. I did the old re-tracing of my steps for the entire day, even though I hadn't driven the car since Friday afternoon. I checked my recycling bin because I knew that I had tossed some empties in there in the morning. I even went by SB's to see if they had fallen from a jacket pocket in the cushion of my regular chair. In the end, I found the keys in the Buick before we took off for IC, almost but not quite, under the front passenger seat.

And the reason they were in the Buick? I'm pretty sure that I took both sets out of the house with me on Saturday morning unsure of my ride, but made my choice of driving the Buick because the Taurus' windows were fogged-over. I must have tossed the Taurus' keys on the passenger seat and then later on knocked them to the floor while messing with the newspapers after coffee.

The whole incident reminded me of 4's problem with her keys at the truckstop earlier this Fall. You go through the motions of some activities and all of a sudden, things vanish. I also am such a huge creature of daily habits, that even small variations can lead to some bad results.

My pal Roy thinks I'm becoming a little overly agoraphobic. Since my norovirus problem a couple of weeks ago, I have shied away from shaking hands with people. I've also been known to tell him, "No, I don't want to go out with you tonight". And he doesn't have many people tell him "no" to anything. Anyway, he's enjoying his venture into analysis of my habits.

For the Clone fans in the crowd, I've never heard of the guy they are bringing in for the football job. Gene Chizik is not exactly a household name. I hope he can bring some players to Ames.

On a related note, I like the results of Clone b-ball so far. This guy can coach. It's a matter of whether he can get the talent to compete with KU and UT.

So hope everyone is off to a good start for the week.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been bumped to full time for semester 2! Cheers for me! Happy B-day to Mom and Matt
XOXO