Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tuesday

I'm feeling a little under the weather this evening. I'll let the readers do most of the posting today.

Election Day was always a big day in our home as I grew up. Politics was a passion for Daddy. And he was good at it. But the dark side of the "investigative press" began to surface in his last couple of elections, and by the mid '70's, it was time to pass the torch to others. I remain interested in the political process, but I can't imagine why anyone who had a good career/job would seek public office today.

Rather than watch the results on network or cable tonight, I think I'll watch a game or a movie, read a book, do a crossword, or just go to bed early. I'll save digesting the post-mortems for tomorrow.

I watched none of the CMA awards last night. The stories online and in the papers said that some of my old favorites performed and won as they should have, but my interest in the program (and country music generally) has waned in the Kenny Chesney/Kieth Urban era.

I talked to a friend today who did the Marine Corps Marathon two weeks ago. When I had checked the results, I hadn't seen her name so I wondered if she had had something come up and had been unable to run. Turns out she had acquired her bib on the secondary market, after the time in which transfers were permitted. She said it was a great race, but that she cramped-up toward the end and didn't break five hours. The course goes by all the monuments and finishes at the Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington. I would have some interest in chasing a family runner or two for that event sometime in the future.

Thanks for reading.

Be careful out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

for those coming down with a cold bug, i STRONGLY recommend Emergen-C
it's got tons of vitamin C and the B vitamins. matt and i take it when we feel a cold coming on and it nips it in the bud. i felt awful coming home from practice tonight, and by this morning i was a new woman. matt agrees. we got ours at GNC, but i would be surprised if you can't get it at the grocery store or any nutrition store. the stuff WORKS!!! take two packets a day...one in the am and one in the afternoon. we shy away from taking them in the evening because it is also billed as an energy mix b/c of all the B vitamins. for those who were wondering-and i'm sure a lot of you were-day 2 at practice went well. i had 9 players instead of 5, and a few more projected girls. we're going to start the motion offense tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I voted yesterday. Mom voted yesterday too. For me. I cast 2 ballots. Marsha messed it up. She didn't check the birthday on her little form and let mom vote as me. And apparently mom isn't registered anymore. Stupid city can't figure out that there are two of us.

Oh well. Dems are in power. Lets raise the taxes and run out of Iraq! WooHoo. Actually. They were talking about the '08 election this morning and the Iowa caucus, and let me tell you. One reason to work here - it is a definate stop on the campaign trail. Great photo op. John Kerry stopped here. I hope that Hilhil runs and Big Bill comes here. I so want my picture taken with him.

Anonymous said...

I wrote a letter to Bill Clinton in third grade and he sent me a picture of himself and one of his cat, too. It was a cute cat.