Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday

So this is very odd. My blog index does not show the Saturday entry, but when I hit the "View Blog" button, it's there. Hope this one makes it on the system.

The game in IC was a bust, at least game-wise. Iowa sleep-walked through the contest and Northwestern won 21-7. The game was not as close as the score indicates.

The suite deal was sweet. Really makes viewing the game the equivalent of going to the theater, with concessions at your fingertips, restrooms right there, none of the elements of weather, and easy viewing of replays, etc. The arrangement was very similar to the luxury box that I have been in at Arrowhead in Kansas City for the Chiefs' games.

The suite must be at an elevation of 10 stories or so. For someone a little afraid of heights, it was mildly disconcerting. I always felt like I was at the edge of canyon and was looking about straight down. I spent a lot of time at the back of the room watching the monitors. Which were on a 3-4 seconds delay. On the rare Iowa good plays, you could hear the roar of the crowd before the play was completed on the screen.

I was able to locate 4 in the student section by getting her on the phone and having her guide me to her seat. I could see her then wave at me, but the details of her face were a little beyond the strength of my eyes. We got to chat a little after the game, but our group was leaving and so it was just a short visit. There was a cash event in the visit, however.

The glitterari of Iowa businesses and education were all in the hallway outside the suite. Talked to the President of the U for a few minutes. Dr. D. from DM happened by and we had a nice chat. The Kum and Go people were next door.

My pal Roy can only handle the foo-foo so much. So we probably won't be back until a late game next year.

Which raises and interesting point. Last week, he and I hung out in the parking lot rather than actually going into the stadium. And we watched the game on the HawkVision replays. This week, we were in the suite, with no open-air access to the stadium. Could it be argued that we were at the game each of these last two weeks, but not really at the game?

So 2 and I are headed out for a run in a little bit. Then a little yard work. Lots of leaves out there right now.

3 remains in C-town. Visiting friends. Job decision still on the table.

Get out there and enjoy the day. And the week. Indian Summer is here.

Be careful out there.

No comments: