Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday

Big game in the Big East tonight. 2 undefeateds. West Virginia and Louisville. Who gives a hoot about the Big East?

The Bulls managed to return to reality pretty quickly. After that thumping of the Heat, they were able to lay their own egg in Orlando. 50-55 wins for them this year will be possible, but not if they can't keep the fire pretty hot.

I got my flu shot today. The Visiting Nurses had a diabetes event at that Northgate banquet hall by the Hy Vee down from the office, and they were doing flu shots on the side. Student nurses were pulling the trigger. One knew 3 from PV golf. I survived. I think they were glad to see me go.

The coffee group has begun to expand. There have been two or three somewhat irregulars in the past who have become almost daily attendees. What used to be a 4-5 person assembly, has often been 7-8 the last couple of weeks. SB's may start charging us a convention fee.

Seinfeld has been on a little more it seems in recent weeks. TBS and/or TNT go through cycles with the half hour comedies and they've been in a rut of Everybody Loves Raymond for way too long. I can't stand that guy. Or The King of Queens. Seinfeld looks to engage in adult humor. These other low rent shows look for for anything that might get a belly laugh.

Thanks to 4 for adding to her blog last night. Even though I detected a small element of negativity in her tone, there was at least an effort at wry humor in her words. Maybe the vitamins have already kicked in.

I see where NASA has now said it will schedule a shuttle mission for 2008 to service/fix/save the Hubble telescope. After the last shuttle disaster, the sentiment was that safety concerns would preclude a mission that was not going to have the Space Station as an emergency exit option. With a couple of incident-free missions, the shuttle mission to the Hubble is now back on the books. I know that there are scientific things that make this kind of exploration beneficial, but exactly how does that improve my life? Jobs for NASA contractors. Great pictures. Lots of theories.

I'm off to have my water meter changed. Have a great evening. Stay warm.

Be careful out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets remember that that's all they are...theories. moon schmoon.

Anonymous said...

I can ubill my flu and menengitis shots tomorrow. I wish I someone would go with me, but it's just not likely.

Anonymous said...

You know Kate, I'm pretty sure I saw Elvis this morning on my drive to work...

Anonymous said...

don't be a hater