Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday

OK. I had very little to do with the uploading of the pictures yesterday. I had stopped over at Centry Heights for some home-made chicken soup, and 2 and 4 did the labor once I had logged on to 4000 Days. I may employ that duo to get some more-current pics on the site from this weeks' gatherings.

So the Minnesota wedding is scheduled for July 20, 2007. That's a Friday evening. In the church on the campus of the U of St. Thomas. I'm sure that the time between now and then will pass too quickly for some things, and maybe too slowly for others. The reception location and the hotel headquarters should be the next major choices to nail down.

I think that I am back among the living. We'll see in a little while when 2 and I head out for our next-to-the-last training run before the TT. I need to eat well these next couple of days. I'm sure that what I had was the same type of norovirus thing that was in the news over the weekend about the Carnival cruise ship Liberty where some 700 passengers fell ill. Nasty little buggers and almost impossible to contain in such close quarters as on a cruise ship at sea.

3 is in the news again. Actually, she's on the couch in Century Heights, and probably will remain there much of the next couple of days. She had all four wisdom teeth removed this AM (as scheduled). Talk about nasty.

ND is screwed, glued, and tattooed to the Rose Bowl or the like. If they beat USC, and Florida and Arkansas both lose one of their two remaining games (one of those teams will definitely lose a game), the BCS will be left with Ohio State and Michigan II.

The 48 won the Nextel Cup. By finishing 9th yesterday. Ho hum. The 24 must have been riding in a dog yesterday. He was never in the top 15 when I flipped through channels to check on the race. His spot in the final standings was almost locked in if he started and finished the race, which is exactly what happened. Sixth gets him a spot on the stage at the awards dinner, but when you've won four championships, sixth place is not very exciting. (He did marry his Danish/Europeanish fiance last week, and she does make the exciting category.)

I mowed my front yard again yesterday. Who mows their front yard on November 19th? Actually, I was collecting leaves with the lawn mower, but it would be hard to argue that I was only collecting leaves since I was using the lawn mower to do so. Anyway, it was pretty late in the season to fire up the mower. There have been years when I have started up the snow blower before November 20th.

Have a great evening.

Be careful out there.

No comments: