Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Wednesday

I'll leave the deep dissection of the election to the folks who do that kind of thing for a living.  From my angle, "Blame Bush" and the President's higher likability factor trumped in a big way any of the other arguments presented by the opposition.  Say what you want about the changing of our general demographics, other than African Americans voting essentially in unison, the President's success in the Swing States indicates a more general willingness among most cross-sections of the populace to accept government as the senior arbiter on issues that arise in our society.

Having spent most of my professional life in and around government operations (in the USAF and as a tax CPA), my sentiments run counter to "more government".  I guess we'll see, eh?

I regularly provide a somewhat humorous standard response to my pal Roy for the various promoters, contractors and developers who come out of the woodwork to pitch him for capital investments in their projects.  That advice, which I offer whether solicited or not is, "Run, don't walk!"  As in, "Run the other way from guys who want to spend your money".

That's remains my advice to America.

Moving on...and keeping The Glad Game as the theme to the blog...

Ten Things that make this a great day for me:

1.  Today is RCL day on Maplecrest.  Always a good day.
2.  I have a top-shelf Cab for tonight to celebrate the end of the election season.
3.  The IRS may have consented to my penalty-abatement plea on one of my hardest cases.
4.  Lunch date with a friend for Chicago dogs at the Waterfront Deli.
5.  Final inventory reflects no Sometimer's losses from San Antonio.  Very cool.
6.  Pretty confident that my Internet time will go down going forward. 
7.  Hey, Paul Ryan kept his seat in the House!
8.  Composition of the House keeps our 'checks and balances" system alive and well.
9.  The market has one less variable to consider.  We got what we got.
10.I'm making my Hertz reservation for January golf in Scottsdale!  Why wouldn't I?

So to work.  The electorate has spoken.  There are winners and losers.  We need to deal with the results.

My goal is to get back on here later today.

BCOT

LATER...

My shot of The Alamo from my iPhone.  Almost like a postcard!





Another shot from the river.  This gives a sense of the size and closeness of things.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Using Car Rental 8 you can find the most affordable car hires from over 50,000 locations worldwide.