Monday, November 05, 2012

Monday

Happy Tax-Election Day!  Just one more day of the candidates and their PAC's insulting our intelligence.

My goal of bringing the additional pics from SAT onto my office computer was a bust.  When I tried to load them on the laptop last night, the initial query from the program was to "Download ALL?" of the shots from the chip.   I just wanted those taken in SAT, so I made an election to Copy just those to a separate file.  That didn't work so well.  I do have copies on the laptop, but I also managed to erase the SAT pics on the chip.  Suite.  I'll pull a couple more for here from the laptop tonight.

The new Home Page pic is from the San Antonio Riverwalk.  This on the newer section that really doesn't offer much from a tourist's perspective, except that it is a boat ride...on the river.  They are working at re-developing the older section of town at this end of the ride, so I'm guessing that there will be more spots for eating and drinking in the future.

The Art Museum is on this stretch and they've done some things on the bridges to bring out art-sy things.  Here is one where they have hung colorful fish.  I actually have this pic on my iPhone, but it doesn't have quite the same clarity.  And the walls of the underpasses have mosaics that have been done by various artists to illustrate some aspect of the area (like the Alamo, the river, etc.).

Travel remains a pain in the backside.  Full planes.  Everyone with carry-on.  Expect delays.  Fortunately, my weekend flights got me in on time and there were few inconveniences.  This time.

The time switch was a bit of a help for the trip home.  That extra hour just made departure from the hotel a non-event as the body-clock was still on DST.  The San Antonio airport has off-site car rentals, so you need to budget a little more time for that exercise.  I had a Nissan Ultima from Hertz that came with a GPS system.  Those GPS systems are pre-programmed with instructions for the Hertz site with the push of a button, so even though I'm a bit af an anti-GPS-give-me-a-map kinda guy, it made the return to the seemingly off-the-grid Hertz location much easier.

My Sometimer's was an on-going worry.  I kept doing mini-inventories of my "stuff" throughout the weekend.  Phone.  iPad.  Sunglasses.  Book.  Murse.  It seems like it all stayed with me, but a final inventory is yet to be done.  Not toting the laptop was a big plus.

My pal Pete and I had a little disconnect on his airport pick-up last night.  He had seen my Tweets, but the text message that I had sent him from DFW on the data for MLI didn't get to him.  Hmmm.  So he had waited fror my call upon landing.  Odd.
My pal Richard and his new BFF.

Sounds like excitement in Brooklyn this AM.

More later.  Make Monday a good one.

BCOT
Locking through the Riverwalk!!
Leaving SAT.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Using RentalCars you can get the cheapest car rental at over 49000 international locations.