Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday







The visit to the Arsenal today was something less than perfect.  The weather front came in just as the ceremony got under way.  I had brought along an extra jacket, but not my raincoat.  Poor choice.  The featured speaker didn't abbreviate his prepared remarks.  Steady rain throughout.  At least the crowd quickly dispersed once the program was over.  Parking is usually a mess, making egress problematic.  Not today as everyone just wanted to get to shelter.

The commercial world celebrates Veteran's Day tomorrow.  Local government offices are closed.  And the post office.  And IRS, I suppose.  I'm glad that the Arsenal program was today.  Active duty personnel are 365-24-7 folks.  No reason to defer a ceremony for the convenience of Walmart shoppers.

Not much to add here.  I'm working on a couple of things that may be posted here once I get them written.  Working on my inner-Creative Writer.

Hope the Peanut Gallery has a good week.  And 4 a good TGIF tonight.

BCOT                                               

No comments: