Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturdy

Really not much to add from here today.  The crew is largely in nap-mode as I write this entry.  Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Watching Oklahoma - Oklahoma State at the moment in deference to 2.

1 gets a little recognition for her effort in the Trot.  She finished in the top fifteen among all women.  And 1.1 wasn't too bad either.  It was fortunate that the race was Thursday, from a weather stand point.  It was around 30 degrees cooler Friday and today than it was for the race.

Sports Illustrated elected to preview the ND-USC showdown with a cover story to try to debunk some of the waking of the echoes of this year's team's success.  SI likes these expose-oriented pieces to validate its position in the media hierarchy.  Let's use the spot light to drag up some dirt on the Catholic boys.  Kind of like the national media on the Big O right before the election.  Well, maybe more like their views on Lance, The Rocket, Big Mac and other lesser souls into chemical enhancements.

I was successful in competing both the Friday and the Saturday NYT crosswords.  Non an every-weekend result by a long shot.  My skill-set is definitely at a lower level than Expert, but I can solve things with a certain back-door methodology.  (But if the puzzle author insists on several names of people, places or cultural events, I can be toast regardless of my intuition.)  Usually, I don't have the time that it takes to logic my way through Friday and Saturday puzzles, but when I'm on holiday or traveling, I can stay on point long enough to get'r done.  This has been the case this weekend.  Its always a good feeling.

The end of TT training brings me back to re-upping my Gold's membership.  Looks like spin class torture starts next week.  Sad that my favorite instructor is now in Milwaukee.  I may try some body-works classes over the next few weeks to get ready for Scottsdale.

We miss the NYC limb of the family tree.  Glad to know that the Christmas gathering in the TC will include everyone.

Maybe more later. Go Irish!

BCOT








No comments: