Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday

Any entry today will have to come later this evening.  I'm on the road today in DSM for some business meetings.  That drive over this AM was a study in truck traffic.  I had one sixteen-wheeler pass me at least twice when I was going 78 MPH.  The troopers finally caught up with him just East of Des Moines.  He needed to be slowed down.

Struggling with getting Thanksgiving registered as just a week away.

Hope to get back here later.

NOW LATER.....

One thing of interest this week has been the excess data usage on my iPad.  Billing for all of my devices (cell phone, laptop and iPad) runs through the business account (which also contains several other office-based devices).  We received an alert this week that our usage was going to exceed our package allotment at the current rate.  We inquired of our rep on what was happening and she mentioned that not only were were running into a problem for the current period, we had also gone over our allotment the prior month...by a lot!

Long story short...my data usage on this iPad has exceeded the pre-iPad usage for all other devices combined!  Which has come as a huge surprise.  I don't think that my total time on line has changed much, but I definitely have been using the iPad more, and the laptop less.  One theory is that I haven't been properly shutting down applications that continue to run on the iPad in the background.  I hope this is the answer, as otherwise, our rep sold us a bill of goods when I was looking at the iPad as an option earlier this year.

Now back to my meeting...

BCOT

No comments: