Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Tuesday

Count me as one of the many who are thankful for the election season coming to a close.  I'm writing this entry over my lunch hour, and the two sides are all atwitter (literally!) with their possibilities.  It has been a marathon.

I'll be satisfied with the results, whatever the outcome.  Each side has had plenty of time and spent lots of money to make their respective cases. While I definitely lean Right (maybe a distinct tilt to the Right is a better description), if the President is re-elected, the Congress and he will need to drop their weapons at the door and make some progress on what ills our nation. 

(Hmmm.  Looks like an "up" market today.  I'm saying that that is because traders have money to spend and the uncertainty of the election will most likely be over tonight.  I've said for a while that there will likely be a "Santa Claus" rally yet this year, followed by a down turn in the first half of next year.  Today's results may just be the start of some good days in the short term.)

Last night was our first time doing our TT training run in the dark this year.  Of all of the pluses and minuses of the annual mid-Fall time change, running in the dark is the most mentally depressing aspect for me.  Not that there is much that anyone can do about that matter.  But you can't see as much, you're worried about cars not seeing you, and its usually cooler (requiring more layers). But with Thanksgiving coming as early as possible this year, my running days will come to an early end as well.  (But the option becomes spin class, which I have come to dislike as well!)

Look for a flyer later this week for my annual Turkey Trot fund-raiser.  I'll be on tap to match your $25 contributions with a target of $1000 combined total to Komen for the Cure. 2 needs to get the art-work done and then we'll be in solicitation mode.

The hospitality industry has gone all-in on post-usage surveys.  Hotels have done this for quite a while, but by Monday afternoon, I had received feedback requests from American Airlines, La Quinta Inns, and Hertz on my San Antonio trip.  I'm betting that Starbucks would have been there too if I had used a card for my morning coffee! All of these came from "independent" canvassing companies, but they were all basically the same questionnaires. 

I'm wondering what the providers actually pay to these guys.  It has to be on a per-response basis, I would think.  Normally, I disregard these things as a nuisance, but the timeliness and coverage (air, car and hotel) got my attention this time.  And my reservations were all done on an unconnected basis at different times. Everyone must be trying to keep up with the Jones's.

So I'll jump back on here later this afternoon.

BCOT


1 comment:

Blogger said...

With Car Rental 8 you can discover the best car rentals from over 50000 international locations.