Sunday, November 04, 2012

Sunday

OK. I just deleted several paragraphs from an entry I was putting up from the SAT terminal. Arrrrghhh!


So I'm going to publish this just to get something up, and then will continue editing until my flight gets called.- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Really not sure what this app is doing. I'm editing and checking, so bear with me.

I guess it works. But I'm definitely on thin ice.

Great weekend here in SAT. Golf and post-golf activities on Friday were successful. Saturday was Tourist Day as lead by my pal Richard's spouse Kim. She had a full day of stuff that worked out real well. After a stop at an outdoor art festival in one of the local towns, we did the afternoon and evening downtown on the Riverwalk, including the visit to the Alamo.

I had remembered the Alamo area to be a little "seedy" my last time through
town when I was here for a seminar. But they've spruced things up and you really don't worry about street people or dark areas between the Alamo and the river. I saw only one "street preacher" and he was just working the bible to the general passers-by.

The Riverwalk has been extended by a mile or two in recent years. To do that, they had to put a "lock" on the river and boats are raised/lowered by nine feet to gain access to the extension. The lock works on exactly the same protocol as the big locks on the Mississippi. I have pics on my mini-digi that I will post this evening.

I contributed another wine key to the TSA. When I picked up wine for the hotel room, the only cheap opener they had at the store was one with an inch-long blade, and the TSA folks were adamant that it was a threat. I knew that going in, but I hoped for a friendly agent. Not so much.

I thought that they might also confiscate my tooth paste as I had bought a tube Friday morning when I had been unable to locate the travel tube that I knew that I had packed. But the tube made it through security...as did the travel tube which I discovered this AM when packing for the trip home. #Sometimers.


The ND win was a big surprise as I had checked online at dinner and saw that Pitt was ahead in OT. I didn't get back to look for the score until quite a bit later, and then when we turned on the 'Bama-LSU game, it was showing that ND had snuck out a W! But it was a lucky win, proving again the validity of the axiom, "it's better to be lucky than good."

The biggest take-away from the weekend is my need to get into a Fall-Winter Fit Club for my core strength. Golf and the hotel bed killed my back. I'm starting tonight those exercises that we did last Summer in my back yard. Too bad Jessie is now in Milwaukee.

Now boarding for DFW.


More later.

BCOT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha said:

Try yoga or pilates!

Anonymous said...

Martha said:

Try yoga or pilates!