Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thursday

Day Two of my continuing education seminar. Double the attendance today.

All morning was on Obamacare. Truly, a disaster awaits us. No wonder they have hired thousands of new agents. And those agents will never need to learn tax law. All they'll need to study is Obamacare. And they'll never get a true handle on it. The thing is such a cluster, there'll be annual changes forever.


Probably the most disturbing aspect of the Cloud of Obamacare is the en-charging of the IRS as the enforcement agency for this gargantuan social program. The rules and regulations to oversee the operation of this monstrosity are obscene from my perspective as a veteran tax preparer. Its not even close to a tax program.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Moving on...

To golf.

My pal Ron is now a bit giddy over the governing bodies of golf (US PGA


and the Royal and Ancient folks in Europe), having proposed to ban the long putter by 2016. This point has been a controversial one over the last couple of years as the winners of the last three Majors have used these clubs. The purists think that the "grounding" or "pivoting" of the upper handle against the body creates an advantage. Hmmm. An interesting point. How is that more controversial than a titanium-strontium alloy driver weighing six ounces that will send a ball 400 yards? Whatever.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the long putter. When my stoke was so bad at the end of the season, I told Ron that I was going to the long putter for 2013. Mostly to get under his skin, but also as a change that certainly couldn't hurt my pathetic game. It did get under his skin. He sent me three texts last night in celebration of the proposed rule change.

I might get a long putter to take to Scottsdale in January just to rattle Ron.

Props out to 4 for making it to downtown Manhattan last night to watch the lighting of the Christmas tree. Here's another copy of her Twitter post of the event.


I saw my RCL yesterday as she was finishing-up. She's headed to Italy for five weeks. So I have the Substitute RCL beginning next week through the New Year's week. Irina promises a bottle of good Barbera di Asti from Italy on her return. Still looking for a match from that bottle that 3 and I had with her friends at Limoncello's in Beantown.

Looks like we (1, 1.1, 2 and myself) have put George Strait back on our schedule for February 15th in the TC at the Excel Center in St. Paul.


1.1 conducted the successful hunt for tickets. He had a buddy with the T-Wolves, who had a contact at the concert venue. The normal pipeline for tickets reflected a sellout. This also gives us a scheduled shot to catch up with 1.01 and 1.02. Guess who we have "invited" along for the trip to "spend some time with the kids" while we go to the concert?

May be more here later. I'm looking to apply some more abuse at 1730 spin class.

BCOT

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: