Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday

Welcome to Fall!  I looked again at the Wikipedia explanation for the Autmnal Equinox and it lost me after the second sentence.  I missed the official welcoming yesterday due to an evening visit to Muscatine.

I have noticed several times in recent days (by referring to my 2009 calendar on my Memory Wall in the basement) that this is the week that 2 and I spent in Italy last year.  Actually, today and tomorrow are the days that we drove to Briancon, France.  I rode the lower mountain, Latourette, a year ago today.  And had my epic ride up both Latourette and Le Galibier on the 24th.  It doesn't feel like yesterday, but those days were so eventful that I remember many small details.

Now one of the interesting positives of no such trip this year is that I am at least a couple of weeks ahead of my training for the TT.  I didn't get started running last year until nearly the first of October.  Since The Winniferous and I did our first long walk-runs earlier this month, I've been out 3-4 days per week, including tonight.  I've extended my regular route by about a mile from last year.  Without question, the degree of difficulty is a notch above 2009.  Notice any similarities in the pics that are exactly one year apart?

We had dueling high school Homecoming parades in Bettendorf tonight.  Both PV and Bettendorf hosted separate events at the same times just a few blocks apart.  I'm guessing that for the city police force it was "All hands on deck!"  Games tomorrow and dances Saturday. 

The QC Marathon is Sunday.  My pal Cal is doing the half.

Hope its a good TGIF for the peanut gallery.

BCOT

No comments: